End-User License Agreement
1. This End-User License Agreement is a legal agreement between 4Front Technologies and the end-user ("Licensee") for the accompanied products ("Software") and the content material ("Content"), and it is covered by the laws of the state California.
2. The Licensed Software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Licensed Software is licensed, not sold.
3. The agreement unless entirely satisfactory is a subject for a negotiation and we are willing to provide the reasonably altered agreement on request. Any alterations to the agreement should be explicitly approved by 4Front Technologies.
4. However installing or otherwise using the Software indicates the approval of the present agreement.
5. This License Agreement also covers, unless stated otherwise, all the software and content updates and supplemental materials, originating from the Software web site.
Software Updates and Technical Support
6. The Software updates and technical support are available free of charge for a defined term starting with the purchase date. Technical support and the updates for the Software and the Content will only be provided for this term, and after the period is due, the right to use the software will continue for the last version available during the expiration date.
7. After the support and update term is due, it may be renewed manually at any time without a deadline. The exact renewal term is seen at the time of payment at the order page.
8. The Customer is allowed to update early without losing the effective support term, as the renewal period shall count only with the first download of the updated Software or Content, which was not available during the previous support term.
9. Customers who chose not to renew, are still entitled to download and use the versions available during their previous support terms.
10. This agreement provides two possible licensing models of the software, which denote personal and collective use. The License Model is defined at the time of purchase by the Licensee name, whether individual or a company name. The license model can be adopted to the individual needs of a customer when standard models are unfavorable. The standard implicit models are described below.
Personal Licensing Model
11. When TruePianos software is registered on a proper name, this gives the licensee the right to install TruePianos on a reasonable number of personal computers, as long as licensee is the sole user of the software. In this case, the agreement is relating to an individual. It is allowed for the other individual to use the software within the supervision of licensee in the environment of Licensee, provided that it is used by only one person at a time.
Collective Use Licensing Model
12. To use this Licensing Model, the Software has to be registered on a company or a studio name. This allows the Software to be installed only on one computer at a time, but does not limit the number of operators to work with the software.
License Transfers and Licensing Model Changes
13. Each case of a License transfer or Licensing Model change is handled individually, and is granted only by the written acknowledgement from 4Front Technologies. However, but not necessarily, 4Front Technologies retains the right to deny the License transfer more frequently than every 6 months.
14. After the license is transferred, the prior owner of the license is obliged to uninstall the Software and the Content and destroy all backup copies of it.
15. Upon the granted transfer, the user account will receive a new title and registration code.
16. The Licensee is welcome to use the software in a way to create musical scores, performances and tracks, analyze and test the Software output, however is not allowed to disassemble or reverse engineer the Software or the Content.
17. The Licensee may not re-sample the sounds or otherwise use the parts of the Software or the Content in a competing product. However in a case of uncertainty, we would encourage Licensee to contact 4Front Technologies.
18. The Licensee may not distribute the Software in whole or parts, or the software account information, unless explicitly granted by a written permission from 4Front Technologies.
19. If reasonable evidence is found that the License Agreement is violated, 4Front Technologies reserves the right to cancel the customer account, terminate the License Agreement and possibly take the reasonable legal steps.
20. In no event shall 4Front Technologies and Third Parties involved in the development of this Software be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this Software or its Content, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.